- 1 How do you politely tell someone they need to lose weight?
- 2 How do you convince someone to lose weight?
- 3 How do you comfort someone about their weight?
- 4 Is it OK to tell someone to lose weight?
- 5 How can you tell someone’s weight?
- 6 How can I lose my stomach fat?
- 7 Is it wrong for me to want my wife to lose weight?
- 8 Is it unhealthy to be obese?
- 9 How Do You Talk to an overweight person?
- 10 What to tell someone when they think they are fat?
- 11 What should you not say to someone with body image issues?
- 12 Is it rude to tell someone they gained weight?
- 13 Is it rude to ask someone to lose weight?
- 14 How do I get my boyfriend to lose weight?
- 15 What do you do when someone tells you they’re gaining weight?
How do you politely tell someone they need to lose weight?
When someone is trying to lose weight, don’t:
- Tell them “You should…”: “You should join a gym,” “You should follow the _____ diet,” “You should stop eating ____.” Just get “You should” out of your vocabulary.
- Aggressively offer them food: “But I made this just for you!” “You’re crazy!
How do you convince someone to lose weight?
Top 10 Ways to Help a Dieter Succeed
- Be a cheerleader, not a coach. “You don’t want to find faults with what the dieter is doing,” says Wolfe-Radbill.
- When they’ve had a bad day, listen but don’t judge.
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle, not just weight loss.
- What Not to Do.
How do you comfort someone about their weight?
What to say when a friend is struggling with her weight
- Respect how she feels. Studies show that the farther one gets from a perceived ideal weight, the greater the feelings of shame.
- Focus on the rewards.
- Be supportive.
- Celebrate achievements.
- Listen more.
Is it OK to tell someone to lose weight?
Not only is it counterproductive to point out that someone should lose some weight, it’s harmful to her health as well. A study in the journal Obesity says people who feel stigmatized because they carry too many pounds suffer a form of stress that can increase health risks. It’s a two-part problem, experts say.
How can you tell someone’s weight?
For example, if a man’s height is 6 feet, then his median weight is 178 pounds [106 + (6 x 12) = 178]. If a woman measures 5 feet and 5 inches, then her median weight is 125 pounds [100 + (5 x 5) = 125]. After you find your particular median weight number, you can calculate your healthy weight range.
How can I lose my stomach fat?
20 Effective Tips to Lose Belly Fat (Backed by Science)
- Eat plenty of soluble fiber.
- Avoid foods that contain trans fats.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol.
- Eat a high protein diet.
- Reduce your stress levels.
- Don’t eat a lot of sugary foods.
- Do aerobic exercise (cardio)
- Cut back on carbs — especially refined carbs.
Is it wrong for me to want my wife to lose weight?
The bottom line is that there’s nothing wrong with wanting your partner to look good to you, and while they don’t have to look like a million bucks every day, basic weight and appearance maintenance is not an unreasonable desire. Being frustrated about your spouses’ weight gain isn’t just about how your partner looks.
Is it unhealthy to be obese?
Obesity means having an unhealthy amount of body fat. This puts your health in danger. Obesity puts you at greater risk for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis, sleep apnea, some types of cancer, and stroke.
How Do You Talk to an overweight person?
- Do not use shame.
- Do not force the issue.
- Do not frame the discussion around weight and food.
- Do not offer “helpful” weight loss hints.
- Do not monitor their food or exercise.
- Do not judge.
- Do remember that your loved one may already feel ashamed.
- Do speak about health and feelings.
What to tell someone when they think they are fat?
Here’s the right way to respond to five common body-bashing remarks.
- “I’m so fat.”
- “I hate my (insert body part).”
- “Other girls have it so easy.”
- “I try so hard and I don’t see any change.”
- “Why can’t I look like her?”
What should you not say to someone with body image issues?
What Not to Say: How to Help Someone Struggling with Weight, Food, and/or Body Image Issues.
- DO NOT BECOME THE FOOD POLICE. Do NOT say, “Do you think you should eat that?”
- DO NOT USE LOGIC.
- DO NOT OFFER REASSURANCE.
- DO NOT TALK ABOUT APPEARANCE.
- DO ASK (CERTAIN) QUESTIONS.
- About the author:
Is it rude to tell someone they gained weight?
Whether you want to believe it or not, it’s probably not necessary for you to tell someone they’ve gained weight. If they’re not making a change, they may not want to focus on their weight status.
Is it rude to ask someone to lose weight?
1. “How much weight did you lose?” Asking someone his or her weight is rude and invasive and it downgrades the immense effort it took to create the weight loss to a simple number. Think of it this way: how much someone has lost is as private as their current weight, age or salary.
How do I get my boyfriend to lose weight?
6 Ways to Get Him in Shape — and Improve Your Sex Life
- Sweat on Date Night. For most couples in LTRs, dinner and the DVR is a pretty accurate description of quality twosome time.
- Become His Drinking PartnerSeriously.
- Tap into His “I Wanna Win” Side.
- Introduce Him to Guy-Friendly Health Food.
- Be Gym Buddies.
- Have More Sex.
What do you do when someone tells you they’re gaining weight?
What to do when someone comments on your weight
- Know it’s probably not about you. I know, I know.
- Come back with a compliment. This is for the people who are intentionally trying to hurt your feeelings.
- Hit the comment right back at them. Say ‘so do you’ and smile sweetly.
- Call them out.
- Ignore it.
- Remove yourself.